Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I wonder why they call you bitch, Chad Henne.......

So the first week of college football is over and it proved to be fairly eventful. I was planning on making this post much longer and previewing this weeks games, but I lazy and thus will only cover the events of week one. The biggest story being the M*ichigan upset, which I'm still kinda shocked by. So much has been written about it I don't realy want to dwell but I'll add a couple of things. 1) Lloyd Carr isn't being fired, if you need reassurance of this read Michael Rosenberg's article in todays Detroit Free Press. 2) It was going to happen to someone eventually 1-aa teams have been getting better, I would venture to say App State could win the MAC if they had the full 85 scholarships those programs get, nonetheless its humiliating and a total embarrassment to a team that appears to be full of shitty losers.

Week 2 Top 25
  1. LSU
  2. USC
  3. West Virginia
  4. Texas- I wasn't very impressed though
  5. Ohio State- I'm totally biased and could care less
  6. Louisville
  7. Virginia Tech
  8. Florida
  9. Cal- I was impressed but where is the D?
  10. Oklahoma
  11. Penn State
  12. Wisconsin
  13. Georgia
  14. Nebraska
  15. UCLA
  16. Rutgers
  17. Arkansas
  18. Miami
  19. TCU
  20. Georgia Tech
  21. Texas A&M
  22. Tennessee
  23. Hawaii
  24. Clemson
  25. Oregon
i'll update my heisman contenders this week, although I'm not sure i will every week...
  1. DeSean Jackson
  2. Colt Brennan
  3. Darren Mcfadden
  4. DeMarco Murray
  5. Mike Hart- too bad his team sucks ass
Now I'll add some thoughts on the Ohio State-YSU game..
The Good
  • We played a lot of guys, and the freshmen skill players get to get their feet wet in a non-pressure situation
  • We didn't lose
  • We Didn't have to show too much, or at least I hope we didn't
  • Robo proved ( I think) he can be a go to reciever.

Robo Was the Best Player on the Field for the Buckeyes
The Bad
  • Our O-Line sucked ass, seriously it has to get much better or we are losing 4 games.
  • Beanie Wells- he is supposed to be the star of this team i would like to see him perform as such. this might have something to do with our shitty o-line play.
  • Lawrence Wilson injury sucks bad...Rob Rose this means you have to be productive, please do so. Alex Barrow has also been here for like 10 years if he could add any production here it would be huge.
  • Todd Boeckman- I'm not saying he was terrible, because he wasn't but he has some major room for improvement. He clearly separated himself from the other QBs if he hadn't already, but the fumble sucks even if it wasn't his fault entirely. Some of the deeper balls he threw kinda hung up in the air which scares me greatly, Robo made some great catches to bail him out, but I want to see crisper, stronger throws this week.
  • I got a really bad sunburn on my face while sitting in A deck.


No comments: